Sunday, June 1, 2014

Stronger than all

What's been interesting about all this work that's been going on is that I now feel like I'm not doing enough. I am, I really do believe I'm doing as much work as 2 highly caffeinated persons but it doesn't feel like it's enough. I'm waiting for feedback from a few high profile industry producers that are mentoring me thru the process of directing my first feature film next year and I'll post more on that soon. It's about 1am PST right now. I've been spending my Saturday night writing proposals, replying to emails, finding new screenwriters labs, directors labs, and producers labs. It's strange isn't it? I'm doing all 3. I've met up with some potential producers and I like one guy so far. He's never produced a feature but been a script supervisor on over a 100 feature films in the last decade. I like his honesty about himself and how he's unsure of a few things but willing to take a shot at it anyway. That's the kind of person you want to be your right hand. Just for fun, I'm going to make a quick list of titles I've got and maybe titles I need:

-Cinematographer

-Co-Producer

-Associate Producer (3)

-Producer/A.D.

-Mentor (3)

-Seed Investor (1)

That's it so far. I've reached out to a few Line Producer friends, a Casting Director, and a Costume Designer, but those are still just waving around until I can pull a real team together. 

Filmmaking is such hard work, but I think adidas says it best: 

"When you love what you do, it's not really work, it's just what you do."




I'm making movies.

No comments: