Friday, June 20, 2014

What It Feels Like to Do Everything and Nothing In One Day

Some new details for the Adoption Reunion story.

1. We've got a name! Are you ready to read the words of greatness? OK, here we go.
Finding His Family. I could not think of a title for 2 years of writing this story, with exception of Clocks That Can't Be Fixed, referring to being adopted and wanting to find out about roots being a way of time being lost. Philosophical? Yes. Easy to say? No.

2. After much feedback, I've been writing all week long to a better revision. It's almost surreal how close to a movie this screenplay is now. The even more surreal part? It's gonna get better with each revision. I have this vision of dialog becoming better and characters becoming more iconic and the right mix of known actors and up-and-coming talent being introduced to me.

3. A fellow producer, Dan Janvey, from Beasts of the Southern Wild is now on my Advisory Board. This is great because one of the smartest friends I've worked with are backing me up on this journey.

4. A SAG signatory producer is wanting to help me with logistics and actors to handle this project. We'll see if all the agreements happen, but no matter what, this means I can't stop now.

I've spent 9a.m. til 10p.m. today working. I've been applying to Producers Labs, tweaking the screenplay, and writing up potential actors for the project that I can see a good fit for the film and within the budget. I am 90% done with it and I'll post it up in case anyone has worked with anyone of them before and can introduce me once funding goes further.

I also edited a boxing promo for a local company nearby that I'll be doing some more videos for in the future and I got a local comic book shop to agree to me making their web commercial for them. I have a great idea of having a bunch of people in costume mock fighting in front of the store trying to get in to get the newest batch of comics. I got the pet supply store to set a date to film this web commercial for them too. I also spoke to the manager of a medical marijuana dispensary to create some educational and informative videos for them.

Basically, I worked all day and night on what I love, but now my eyes don't want to keep looking at a computer monitor for a while. The reason I wrote everything and nothing in one day is that I know I'm just one man and I can't do everything, no matter how much I want to. I spent hours and hours today working but the reality is I can't do it all and have time for any recreation. That's a problem I'm working on. I've got my eye on an experienced producer to come in and work with me to get things done soon.

OK, if you're reading this: Anything is possible. I'm the proof. Watch this as it happens cause I'm on the journey.

No comments: