Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fast and the Furious

Sometime in the early 2000s, my brother got started with a Honda tuning crew. He bought himself a 1988 Honda CRX and started suping it up. It was great and a lot of fun to drive in the passenger seat so I decided I wanted a CRX too. I ended getting a 1991 model, but I didn't do anything to it except get a quieter tailpipe conversion. I wanted to be elusive in the the night while my brother wanted to show off during the 39th Street car shows.

Then, something happened. A movie trailer came out that depicted amazingly detailed cars in an action-thrill ride. We both knew we were going to see it on opening night.

We showed up around 7pm or so and the parking lot at the mall where the theater was located was packed full of mostly Asian and some European modded cars. My brother's CRX fit in perfectly.

The movie began and all the loud noises stopped as we began the journey of Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. When the movie ended, we all got up and paced towards the exit.

I'll never forget hearing a teenager in front of us yelling at the top of his lungs, "This is the best movie of the year!"

No comments: