Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nothing goes your way so deal with it.

You know when you have something in mind when you try to make something artistic but it doesn't turn out at all like you want? That is the stress of being a film director. I write and I direct. Actors are great, they are there and do what is needed. But every other aspect of production falters.

I ended up being the last person to show up on set because of a snafu that happened mid-morning. The lady who is sponsoring the film didn't show up on time to get my order in. We needed sandwiches for the set and I submitted a proposal to her with a copy of the script, and storyboards. She was delighted to be a part of something and we agreed to meet at 11 AM. I wake up at the crack of dawn and get ready and am super prepared for the day ahead. I go there expecting her to be starting on it, but she is nowhere in sight. I ask and the guy at the front says that she should be in any minute. So I told him what was going on and if he could start the order for me. She shows up at 11:30. But to make it up she gave us a few bags of chips for our lunch to go with the sandwiches she donated for the cast and crew.  Saying that, I didn't leave to go to the set until noon. I was hoping to finish by 12:30 and then we could eat lunch...Nothing happens how you want it I guess.

I get there and there is a dump truck in front of my first location. Fine, I can deal with that. So we made our way to the next location and everything turned out OK. It was just odd that this was my project and I'm late. I'm super thankful that everyone there was understanding and no one complained.

I checked out the daily and it looks good. I got a lot of work ahead of me to edit this it into something manageable. Luckily, I'm officially a sponsored filmmaker. Now I can show people this and get more sponsors and more funding now.

No comments: